Tuesday, April 1, 2008

If life had an alarm, it would be going off...

Dear Readers,

Thanks for waiting! I can tell you are thirsty for some info, and you will be parched no longer!!!!

As for the hassles:

I have taken a look around, at the commitments I am a part of, the people who I’ve put in effort into cultivating and maintaining relationships with, and everything that has been taxing of my substance. I’ve come to a decision, and it’s really basic to be honest. I am not going to put in much effort anymore. If things are going to happen from after this weekend on, they will happen because they were meant to. It will not be because I bent over backwards for it to happen. I will be using that strength to being with those who truly care about me (not with people who are and have recently become fair-weather friends), and doing things that I have wanted to do in my undergraduate career but am yet to do. If you are confused, ask a question in the comments section and it will be answered.

School:

3 research papers, 4 tests, weekly reports, nightly logs, reviews for the radio station, prep work for a psychology course, and more have got my fingers practically bleeding. I spent pretty much all day Saturday sleeping because I have been exhausted by this. I will be going to bed after typing this to continue to catch up.

Future:

It is pretty scary, as I am yet to get the information necessary from my school to start securing an apartment. What I am most worried about isn’t that. I am most worried about feeding myself while I am in graduate school. I have never cooked for myself before (unless you count microwave meals and sandwiches). I recently learned an awesome recipe for RICE KRISPIE FRENCH TOAST!!! I bet that will come in handy when I need to impress people, but I don’t know how often I will actually take the time to make it.

Time:

As referenced indirectly before, time is running out. I have 5 weeks left. WOW. Get in touch if you want to do something. If not, I’ll talk to you soon.

THE CASTLE!!!!

I don’t know if I’ve said anything about it yet, but this year, the Connecticut Epsilon Chapter of Sigma Phi Epsilon will be hosting our annual formal at St. Clements Castle in Portland, CT. It’s a castle!!!! I am taking a wonderful young woman who will be a great date. We will eat the awesome food, dance to the great music, and have a stellar time amongst the brothers and their dates. I am thinking about renting a suit of armor instead of a tux. Let me know what you think.

Now…

I am beginning the process of findingan apartment. I am going to be trying to figure out how to pay for it. I will be listening to the awesome cds from the radio station. Hanging out with my boys. Doing RA stuff. Walking at the Relay For Life @ Quinnipiac. Playing some baseball, softball, basketball, Frisbee and more. Living my ritual. Going out. Making sure people have my contact information. Tying up loose ends. Speaking my mind. Dancing. And Being me.

Let me know if you want in on any of this. Sorry about the seriousness. I’ll be bringing funny back soon.

Your Friendly Neighborhood Blogger,

~BS

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

wear the suit of armor!