Tuesday, February 19, 2008

the 3:1 ratio

Dear Readers,

I know. It's been too long since I last posted. Sorry. Life has been crazy. I've had more work than my brain can handle, and this past weekend I got suckerpunched by a stomach bug that I named BOB (Bombs over Brian) that had me vomiting until there was no liquid left in me, and then still some more. Sorry for the candidness.

Other quick updates:
-got into two grad schools
-Clemens used steroids
-got nominated for a sick award
-doing well in classes


Okay, there is something I need to share with you. I will call it the 3:1 ratio. It is a theory by this amazing psychologist named Barbara Frederickson, who does a lot of work in the field of positive psychology. What it means is:

in order to live a happy life, you must experience
3 positive things for every 1 negative

Everybody has a ton of bad things happen to them, but you can still lead a happy and fulfilling life according to this theory if you have this balance.

I Have experienced these 3 positives today:


1. Relay For Life: Quinnipiac is hosting it for the first time, and it is gonna be great because of these names of teams ( oh, there is a worldwide/place/passport to hope/country/city theme)

my team:
Apple Bottom Jeans and Boots with Darfur

others:
Cancer Israel (get it? Cancer is real)
Czech Up On It
Iran for a Cure
Not Alaskan a lot
Shake Djibouti
You're Walking Too Fast, Kuwait for me and more

2. Something I should have seen before: LOLcats



3: Get ready to vomit because of the cheesiness: My friends.

What were your three?



The end


No comments: