Thursday, January 24, 2008

Powers

To those who are looking at my blog: I have a couple things to share with you. I know you might not believe me, but I have something really serious to tell you. I...have superpowers. No no no! Not like the X-men or Spiderman. Mine are 900 times lamer. I have two that I have discovered at this stage in my development. The first is I have the power to fall asleep fast. I do not have controlled narcolepsy. I just can tell you about how many seconds/minutes it will take to fall asleep. It's kind of cool. The other power, which as of late has become a lot stronger is my power to have really vivid daydreams. It's like I have a really overactive imagination that forces its way from my subconscious to my conscious mind.

Having to do with my second power, I thought about these things today that I would love to know what you would have thought:


A. If you could live in a world that has been created by a video game, which one would it be?

I dreamt that I was in the world of Thrilla. Thrilla is a surfing/skateboarding gorilla from original NES' Thrilla's Safari. His girfriend gets kidnapped by a crazy tiki villain and he travels across the world to save her. I would love to skate and surf everwhere. I think that would be awesome.

B. If you could experience something that someone in a Greek Tragedy experienced, who would you want to swap places with/fill in for?

I would want to swap places with Icarus just before he takes flight out of the jail with his wings made of wax, feathers, and wood. I would like to overcome my fear of heights at that moment. I would also want to experience the ultimate middle (not too high or low). I would want to swap back out before he flies to close to the sun. I don't want to live with lofty ideas nor do I want to drown.


C. If you could be friends with any cartoon character, who would you want to be friends with?

I would love to friends with Splinter from the original Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. I would love to have a friend who is a ninja, as well as a really deep philosophical thinker at the same time. I definitely tend to surround myself with deep thinking people, but none of my current friends are master ninjas (that I know about).


Let me know what you think. I definitely want to see more comments here.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh wow! Look how easy it is to comment! ~Laura

Anonymous said...

Brian. First off, you do not have superpowers. If you did, it would be to get really mad when being touched and to be 90% certain of everything. I'm sorry this is a negative comment, but atleast you can take solice in the fact that atleast I am reading your blog.

BMS said...

Dear Anonymous,
First off, yes I do have powers, and you can't prove that I don't. Second, I only get mad when you touch me, and it's better to be 90% certain of everything because I am open to being wrong about things I believe are correct than to be 100% certain and to actually be wrong.

I do appreciate your comment, and I will take solace in the fact that you did comment. ~BS