Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Something was missing...

Dear W.o.W. readers,

I regret to inform you that I have been missing something my whole life. It is something that is crucial to manhood. It is something that some people think that I am crazy for not having. It is something that unites all citizens of the United States of America, as well as some other coutnries including Japan and China. This thing that I have been missing my whole life is:

A love of Baseball.
Specifically:
Red Sox Baseball
I got a text message this afternoon asking me if I wanted to go to a Red Sox game. I obviously accepted, only after clarifying that I am poor and did not have enough money to buy the ticket from her. Either way, my friend Lindsey and I went to an amazing game at Fenway. There was something different about today though. Something about riding into Boston on a T from Newton that was completely full of Red Sox Fans heading to the game. That little community got my in the mood for the game. The thousands of people cheering in the stadium got my blood circulating faster than normal, and just as I thought I was overwhelmed by it all, I cracked. I went Cuckoo for Dice-K. Matsuzaka-san, as the Japanese headbands that reminded me of the Karate Kid had written on them, pitched an amazing 9 INNINGS and handed the Tigers a magical 7-1 defeat. Lowell, Varitek, Crisp, Ortiz, Ramirez, Lugo, and the others played marvelously.
I didn't know what to do with myself. I now have the troubling decision to make. I now have to decide what player's last name I would like to wear on my first ever team T-shirt. I am currently torn between Mr. Lowell, Captain Varitek, or the new addition to the team Mr. Matsuzaka(his comes in Japanese writing too).
I think I can now understand why in some people's lives, time stops when basbeall is on. I really hope I can schedule in time to watch more games or to even attend more games. It was awesome.
I am officially a baseball fan, and more importantly a Red Sox fan. Woot Woot.

No comments: